What is DevSecOps?
Enterprise DevSecOps drives the adoption of DevOps with flexibility and framework that helps accelerate cloud-native transformation.
Short for Development, Security, Operations – DevSecOps integrates security into every aspect of an organization’s software delivery life cycle (SDLC). From ideation to feature fulfillment in production, businesses are demanding that their services are developed more quickly, predictably, and securely. Security is no-longer an afterthought for successful development: security must be a first-class-citizen, with teams focused on delivering secure products.
Oteemo prepares organizations for successful DevSecOps transformations through our DevSecOps functional model.
Agile Software Delivery
An adaptive and collaborative approach to developing working software with a focus on products over projects.
Culture and Collaboration
Oteemo partners with your leadership to create a shared understanding of your organizational challenges and works with teams to devise strategies that provide game-changing results to DevSecOps strategy. We target “why” an organization exists and its customers, then focus teams on high-value outcomes without the noise that often inhibits growth and shared-responsibility models. We identify roles and responsibilities, removing the parts that don’t make sense, and teach leads how to effectively communicate and become servant-leaders across the organization.
Get started with a DevSecOps Executive Workshop
Release Engineering (RE)
A sub-discipline in software engineering, RE is critical in establishing predictability and reliability in your company’s SDLC.
Release Engineering is the glue that adheres the development team (large and small) to Product Owners, Quality Assurance, Security, and Operations Teams and creates quality gates through understood roles and responsibilities. Oteemo leverages this special interest group as the gatekeeper and judgment-engine surrounding reliable code pushes and versioning.
Automated Testing & Quality Engineering
Automated QA and testing models are critical in understanding what’s changed in new versions of your product and what to expect when releasing software.
The understanding for what’s changed and what to expect is critical: so is knowing when new features create defects or present interface breaking changes that may impact your customers. Test automation provides this insight and also removes heavy layers of toil for developers. By providing an understanding around level-of-effort, data points from test automation benefit the entire DevSecOps operating model.
Test-Driven Development (TDD) or Test-First development models primarily use unit tests that are written prior to any product/feature code and short-circuit long code-spelunking sessions. Due to their iterative nature, they reduce the overall cost of features. Ultimately, test coverage produces predictable results and breaks the waterfall approach in the development life cycle.
Oteemo’s expert development engineers provide comprehensive training and examples of good test hygiene throughout the life cycle of an engagement, engineering side-by-side to deliver results. Working directly with the developers, we take them through the journey of test writing and test automation with use cases and well-architected frameworks.
Is the process or processes of monitoring in real-time the changes and potential risks to the organization’s infrastructure, application environments, and cloud services that change over time. Continuous monitoring or ConMon is a key pillar in the DevSecOps operating model and comes in several forms.
Types of monitoring:
- Infrastructure monitoring: Measuring and alerting on changes to infrastructure such as
- iDam policies and profiles
- Databases and Data sources
- Security events…and basically, everything required to support your application stack and access to the stack/environment
- Application monitoring: Application monitoring offers runtime metrics, system performance, uptime, APM, security-monitoring and log-monitoring
Additionally, good monitoring models measure-from-the-spout and provide clear visibility into what the customer experience is while consuming your product. Oteemo has created models for our customer’s monitoring that manifests the best overall experience for your products, whether it’s a B2B application or service to the larger consumer market.
Enabling Build-it/Run-it self-service consumers of public/private cloud for autonomous development teams; Oteemo relies heavily on Infrastructure-Automation through many different technologies, with consistency in outcomes we provide.
Often referred to as Infrastructure-as-code (IaC), Oteemo specializes in accelerating the DevSecOps operating model by implementing an all-things-as-code approach to infrastructure management. No matter off-cloud or on a major cloud service provider, Oteeemo has developed solutions for Serverless, Terraform, Ansible and customer operators for popular Container Orchestration Engines (COE) like Kubernetes, Docker Swarm and more…
Image-life-cycle-management (ILM) is another key part of the process for DevSecOps teams to understand what “secure” looks like in the course of a healthy SDLC. Security scanning gates in-place to shorten the time-to-failure(MTTF) for developers and DevOps engineers, accelerate this process and make clear where vulnerabilities were introduced to the ecosystem. Clearly defined processes for adding required components to containers and to virtual machines gets easier as teams adopt this approach.
Oteemo inculcates the DevSecOps model of successfully streamlining and focusing teams on prioritized value, by teaching-your-teams-how-to-fish, rather than simply providing products that suffer bit-rot or failed adoption, through a lack of best-practices.
Enterprise DevSecOp Accelerators for Cloud-Native Tranformations
- A state-of-the-art cloud native release engineering framework built entirely on container architectures.
- Fully integrated framework that connects build management, static code analysis, software repositories, continuous compliance of packages, automated testing, logging, monitoring and reporting of release engineering metrics.
- Helps drive standardization, repeatability and predictability of software releases.
- Enables traceability from check-in through deployment with auditable trail of actions through the software lifecycle.
- Helps create faster feedback loops and shift- left mindset. Bridges the gap efficiently between Dev, Test, Ops, Compliance, and Security teams.
- A battle-tested and proven Kubernetes configuration for your organization.
- Cohesive monitoring, alerting and log aggregation provides a comprehensive view into the health of the platform and your applications.
- Scalable and elastic using standard and/or custom metrics to fit the cluster to your unique workload needs.
- Secure-by-default configuration opening access to users and services on an as-needed basis using RBAC and Network Policy.
- Multi-datacenter high-availability configuration to support DR requirements from Day 1.
- Configuration-as-code ensures your cluster changes are versioned, auditable and match the desired state of the cluster.
- A scalable, tiered approach to infrastructure automation that can adapt rapidly to changing business requirements without retooling.
- Infrastructure-as-code is tested and versioned just like application code, allowing for tremendous flexibility across providers and environments
- Automated security and compliance.
- Event-based automation of basic support tasks (optional).
- Ephemeral environments on demand from standardized configurations, including infrastructure and middleware.
- API Integration options with a variety of support tools such as CMDBs, cloud management platforms, monitoring and alerting applications and more.
Let Us Show You
how you can accelerate devops adoption in your organization today. Fill out the form below.
How Can Oteemo Help You?
Who We Are & What We Do
We help customers win by meeting their business objectives efficiently and effectively.